About Chicaholic

This Blog is dedicated to the individuals who love the Shabby Chic and Chicaholic Lines. Shabby Chic is a vintage store in Second Life, specializing in Vintage Dresses, shoes, hats, home decor, textures and much much more. Chicaholic is a modern line with a focus on casual comfort.

Shabby Chic in the News

Shabby Chic is covered in an article in Glance Magazine for December of 2009 - be sure to check it out - the article starts on page 89.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Makover Projects while my RL Avatar is on vacation


Hutch AFTER the makeover
Originally uploaded by Shabby Chics
So I had this horrid hutch, which I hated. I could hardly wait to throw it away. With my vacation time, I decided to give a few projects a try. I've never really done stuff like this, but honestly, my avatars creativity recently has been inspiring (see below - she's been creating up a storm).

So I purchased some wood embellishments at the craft store, sanded the gloss off, painted with a nice ivory, sanded again, and painted over it with a thinner darker paint. After painting small sections, I wiped the darker paint off with a damp cloth - and voila - its a great looking piece for my depression glass.

This is the before:

Hutch BEFORE

Dresser Project

Distressing a Dresser

French Laundry Project

Yes you can create the look yourself for PENNIES - I created a do it yourself guide if there is interest.

Do it yourself French Laundry

No comments: